We’re back! With another cookie pie… A Snickers Cookie Pie to be exact. This is a gooey chocolate chip cookie pie with a peanut butter and caramel filling and packed FULL of Snickers bars! Peanut butter, caramel and chocolate mixing together in perfect harmony.
It’s no secret I’m obsessed with cookie pies! It all started with the Salted Caramel Cookie Pie for cookie pie week here on LCB and I’ve been in love ever since. Cookie pies have all the elements of the perfect cookie while just being ten times better! We have the soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie dough but because we bake this deep-dish style, we get an added gooeyness in the center of the cookie that is just…. Drool worthy.
Add in the fact that you can then ‘fill’ your cookie pie with all manner of fillings (remember the Salted Caramel Cheesecake Stuffed Cookie pie?) and you have a winner in my books.
Since we’re going turning this cookie pie into a beloved chocolate bar – SNICKERS – I decided to fill this cookie pie with a homemade caramel sauce and peanut butter. Add chopped Snickers bars to the cookie dough outside and you have yourself a Snickers cookie pie!
I like to use an all natural peanut butter as I prefer the flavour and I often use Pic’s Peanut Butter when it’s on sale otherwise any other all natural peanut butter brand is fine.
If you love Snickers bars you need to get in the kitchen right now and make this cookie pie!
Let me know what you thought of this recipe in the comments below. If you want to see more delicious food videos, please subscribe to my YouTube Channel and don’t forget to #lightscamerabake on Instagram as I love to see your baking creations.
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 50g Butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp Milk
- Cookie Pie;
- 200g Butter, partially melted
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Tbsp Golden Syrup
- 2 Eggs
- 2 and 1/4 Cups Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 14 Mini Snickers Bars, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- To make the caramel;
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan on a medium to high heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the milk and bring to the boil.
- Boil for at least 2 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Allow to cool while you make the cookie pie.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 9" or 20cm round pie dish.
- Beat the super soft or partially melted butter, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the vanilla essence and golden syrup and beat in.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped Snickers bars.
- Spread half the cookie dough in an even layer as the the base in the prepared dish.
- Spread over the peanut butter in an even layer.
- Pour over the caramel.
- Top with the remaining cookie dough.
- Place in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes. The middle will still wobble but the outside will be starting to turn golden.
- Allow it to cool completely before slicing otherwise the caramel and peanut butter will just run everywhere.