The BuzzFeed Brownies and Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Taste Test: I’m doing something a little different on my YouTube today…
Instead of creating and sharing one of my own creations, I’m testing BuzzFeed Tasty creations.
I’m always dubious and cautious when seeing claims of the best, fudgy brownies or chocolate chip cookies. After all, I believe I have the fudgiest brownies with these Flourless Fudge Brownies. I’m also just as cautious when people claim the greatest, chewy chocolate chip cookies. I mean, I have these===>>> Chocolate Chip Cookies.
However, I was intrigued – as I’m sure a lot of us are – when we see Tasty’s recipe videos taking over our social media. So, on behalf of us all, I turned the kitchen into the BuzzFeed Recipe Test Kitchen. Watch the results below!
I hope you enjoyed today’s video and short post. I know it’s a bit different to my normal posts so let me know in the comments if you enjoy this type of content or not! I would also love to hear your results with either of these recipes!
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup (110g) Butter Melted
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 and 1/4 Cups Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 4 oz (125g) Milk Chocolate Chopped
- 4 oz (125g) Dark Chocolate Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars and butter.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla, beating until light ribbons fall off the whisk.
- Stir in the flour and baking soda and then mix with a spatula.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks evenly, then chill the dough for at least 40 minutes. For less spreading, chill the the dough longer.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls and place onto the prepared baking tray leaving space between each cookie to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges have started to barely brown.
The cookies did turn out flatter than I hoped so was a little disappointed with that. I think next time I would chill the dough a bit longer to see if that helped. The cookies were definitely chewy and the use of real chopped chocolate was a definite win.
BuzzFeed’s The Best Fudgy Brownies Taste Test
- 150 g Butter Melted
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsps Vanilla Essences
- 8oz (225g) Dark Chocolate
- 3/4 Cup Flour
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa
Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C and line a 9x9 baking pan with baking paper.
Chop the chocolate into chunks. Melt 4oz and save the other half for later.
Beat the butter and sugar together and then beat in the eggs and vanilla for 1-2 minutes until the mixture has becomes light and fluffy
Whisk in the melted chocolate and then sift in the flour and cocoa powder
Fold the dry ingredients, being careful not to overmix as this will cause the brownies to be more cake-like in texture.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on how fudgy you like your brownies, then cool completely.