**Images and post updated 2018**
Triple Chocolate Chip Blondies are soft and gooey blondies with three different types of chocolate chips! Dark chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate chips!
Happy Friday! Or Friyay if you are into the social media slang. Friday is on of my favourite days of the week so to celebrate, I’ve updated of my first posts on Lights, Camera, BAKE!. It also happens to be one of my absolute favourite recipes and a recipe that I use fairly frequently in my kitchen!
Triple Chocolate Chip Blondies to be exact.
Of all the blondies I have made, I have never once made a triple chocolate one. (You would think with my love for blondies, gooey baking and chocolate, I would have but, alas, no.) I don’t know what to tell you…. I must be crazy and all I can do is kick myself for not making them earlier because these are AMAZING!
My soft, almost gooey blondie filled with chocolate, chocolate and – you guessed it – CHOCOLATE!
The blondies themselves are super easy to make. You only need one bowl and a saucepan (if you melt butter on the stove like me). The dough will be sticky and slightly runny. This is a good thing! we’re making soft blondies not cookies!
As the sweetener in my blondies, I only use brown sugar. There are four reasons for this:
1) Brown sugar gives the blondies a lovely bold, rich depth of flavour.
2) Brown sugar gives the blondies a lovely chewiness and helps keep them soft and gooey.
3) I find adding white sugar turns them more into cookie bars rather than blondies.
4) I just happen to really love brown sugar!
On to the best bit…. The chocolate!
The use of three different types of chocolate isn’t just to put as much chocolate as possible into these blondies. (Though that’s incentive enough…). It is also to help boost the flavour of each type of chocolate, therefore boosting the overall flavour of the blondie.
The dark chocolate chips give a deep, depth of flavour while the milk chocolate chips balance out the dark and gives us the light, sweet chocolate flavour that most of us love.
Lastly, the white chocolate chips give the distinctive flavour that only white chocolate has, so it plays off the other two “proper” chocolate flavours and creates a balance. You also get a lovely burst of the white chocolate flavour in every bite, so that’s always fun!
If you make these triple chocolate chip blondies, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love hearing from you all and hearing you enjoy my recipes. If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also #lightscamerabake on Instagram so I can see your creations!
Soft and gooey blondies with three different types of chocolate chips! Dark chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate chips!
- 75 g Butter, Melted (2/3 Cup)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line an 8"x8" baking tin.
- Melt the butter and mix the with brown sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat in.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and baking soda until all combined.
- Stir in all the chocolate chips and then pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the skewer inserted comes out with crumbs attached.
- Will be slightly under baked but that's how it should be.