Remember these gorgeously easy, sweet and indulgent Tim Tam Truffles? Well I’ve just created something even sweeter and even more indulgent!
Welcome one and all to my indulgent, fit-for-Hollywood blog! Although this recipe is super easy, super quick to make and super not “health” food, I think it fits in my over-the-top, indulgent, showstopping, dessert category. I mean, we take salted caramel Tim Tams, condensed milk, salted caramel sauce and melted chocolate and just turn those ingredients into, well, these!
Tim Tams are a staple in New Zealand and I believe Australia. I’m not sure about the rest of the world but if you can get your hands on these, then seriously do! Your life will be changed forever. These biscuits were a treat for me as a child as they are a more expensive packet biscuit to buy so only for special occasions or the odd treat could we actually afford them. Until I made my Tim Tam Truffles I actually hadn’t eaten one of these biscuits in probably nearly 10 years. After I started baking most weeks, bought biscuits kind of went out the window. Until now…..
I’m not going to explain how to make these. Check out the video for that!
- 1 Packet Salted Caramel Tim Tams, crushed
- 1/3 Tin Condensed Milk
- Salted Caramel Sauce;
- 30g Butter
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp. Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 150g Milk Chocolate, melted
- Make the caramel first.
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan on a medium to high heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the milk and bring to the boil.
- Boil for at least 2 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Add the salt and place it in the fridge to cool while you make the Tim Tam truffle mixture.
- Crush the Tim Tams and then mix in the condensed milk.
- Place in the fridge for at least an hour to make the mixture more manageable.
- Take both the truffle mixture and salted caramel sauce out of the fridge.
- Take around about a tablespoon or two of truffle mixture and flatten it out in your palm.
- Place a teaspoon (or two!) of the caramel sauce in the middle and then fold the truffle mixture around the sauce to encase it.
- Repeat until all the truffle mixture is gone.
- Place them in the fridge for another half an hour to an hour to let them set.
- Melt the chocolate and roll each truffle in the chocolate to coat the outside.
- Place in the fridge until set.
- Make these as large or as small as you like.
- I made mine quite large as it is easier to fill with the caramel sauce.