Fudgy? Check… Sweet? Check… Crackly Top? Check… Plenty of Nutella? Double Check!
These Nutella Brownies have it all. The crackly top, the ultra fudgy, melt-in-the-mouth brownie and the ooey gooey pockets of Nutella throughout. Welcome to day two of Nutella Week.
These are (if I do say so myself), the best Nutella brownies you will ever eat/make. There is Nutella mixed right into the mixture and to take it one step further, we have pockets of pure Nutella throughout the brownie.
You see oozing, gooey chocolate in the photos?
Yep. That’s Nutella.
I have found with past Nutella brownies they either aren’t fudgy enough or they don’t have enough of the Nutella flavour. I mean, the classic chocolate hazelnut flavour is the most important part of a Nutella brownie am I right?
These brownies do not disappoint on either aspect and will not let you down!
As you can see, they are ultra fudgy while remaining light and fluffy. Make sure you really do beat the sugar and eggs together well to ensure this light and fluffy texture. I also use milk chocolate to supplement the Nutella over cocoa or dark chocolate. I found the milk chocolate gave the all important chocolate flavour without overpowering the delicate Nutella.
In all honesty, I made these on a whim. (A 10:00pm, couldn’t-stop-thinking-about-the-half-eaten-open-jar-of-Nutella whim). You know those whims?
Since they turned out so amazingly good (even my Mum agreed and she didn’t initially agree with my whim) that I had to revisit them the next day and check this wasn’t a one off fluke recipe…. Needless to say, it was not a one off. These Nutella brownies turned out perfectly the second time. And the
third fourth time. You know…. For control purposes…
What are you still doing here?? Get in the kitchen and start making these Nutella Brownies right now!
- 90 g Butter
- 100 g Milk Chocolate
- 1/2 Cup Nutella
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Flour
- 6-9 Tbsps Nutella Frozen
- Place 6-9 tablespoons of Nutella on a tray with non stick paper and place in the freezer to set while you make the rest of the Nutella brownies.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line an 8x8 baking pan with baking paper.
- Place the butter, milk chocolate and Nutella in a saucepan and melt on a low heat.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla essence together until light and fluffy.
- Pour in the chocolate mixture and beat.
- Add in the flour and stir through.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan and spread in an even layer.
- Place the frozen pieces Nutella around the brownie mixture and lightly press them into the mixture.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes. The top and sides will be set and the middle should have a slight wobble. Insert a skewer and only light crumbs should be attached.