Mint White Chocolate Blondies…. Just in time for St Patrick’s Day! These blondies are a twist on my white chocolate blondies by adding mint extract, chocolate chips and green food colouring. These blondies are ooey, gooey white chocolate with a hint of peppermint. Perfect for any occasion but especially the day we paint the world green!
I absolutely love these white chocolate blondies. They’re a one bowl, no mixer required, easy peasy recipe that is so adaptable. Remember the Nutella White Chocolate Blondies? Not only are they easy to make, they also turn out perfectly. Ooey, gooey middle, chewy edges with a crackly top. Just like any brownie (or in this case white chocolate brownie) should be.
Just look at that crackly top!
For these I added 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of peppermint extract. I found that was just right for my tastes. You get the deliciously sweet white chocolate flavour then after a few seconds the mint extract comes through and mixes with the white chocolate. It’s important to note that it doesn’t over power the white chocolate, it just combines nicely with it. However, if you like a really strong peppermint flavour as I know some people do, then feel free to add 2 or even 3 teaspoons of peppermint extract.
I then added a couple of drops of green food colouring because when I think of mint, I think of green. If you don’t have any green food colouring on hand or you want to omit this step then feel free to do so. It won’t change the end taste result in any way.
I decided to add chocolate chips to these blondies because, well, chocolate! But I also thought the speaks of chocolate chips with the green food colouring would look quite cool. You can skip the chocolate chips in these if you don’t think it looks cool *sob* or if you just don’t want the extra chocolate.
- 75 g Butter
- 125 g White Chocolate
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 and 1/2 Tsp Peppermint Extract
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips optional
- Few Drops of Green Food Colouring Optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line an 8"x8" baking tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and white chocolate together.
- Beat the brown sugar, sugar, egg and vanilla essence together until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the chocolate mixture.
- Stir in the flour and baking soda (and chocolate chips if you are adding those).
- Add in the mint extract and few drops of green food colouring and pour in the baking tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Should be lightly golden but still soft in the middle with light crumbs attached when a skewer is inserted.
Add extra peppermint extract if you like a strong mint flavour.