Egg White Brownies…. Soft, fudgy, chewy, gooey, rich and packed full of chocolate chips. They’re also flourless!
I first got the idea to make egg white brownies when I was making pavlova for Christmas. I got a little bit of egg yolk in one of the pavlovas and -as anyone who has made pavlova (or meringue) knows – you have to start again! However, since it was only a touch of egg yolk, my brain started thinking up knew and fun ways to use the three egg whites I had already cracked into the bowl.
Hence, the egg white brownie was born!
You could say these came around by accident but let me tell you… It’s a very happy accident. These brownies have such a lovely light and fluffy texture. This is achieved because of the egg whites and no flour. They’re also very fudgy and rich. Again because they have no flour, the egg whites are the only stabilisers so as they cool they get fudgier and fudgier. The richness comes from using not only melted chocolate but also cocoa powder.
Check out the short video tutorial below to see just how quick and easy these are!
How is everybody’s weekend so far? Is it off to a great start? Mine certainly is. I’ve been in the kitchen all Saturday baking up a storm. (Seriously, I have a problem…). I’m creating some new, over-the-top, delicious recipes for the blog and they’re a little bit of a celebration because LCB hit bit of a milestone last Wednesday. I posted the recipe for the Caramel Spiced Oat Bars and it went off the charts! It was being shared around the internet and people really responded to the recipe and for that, I cannot thank you all enough! I just hope I can keep up the momentum and that you all love the up and coming recipes just as much.
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 90g Butter
- 70g Milk Chocolate
- 80g Dark Chocolate
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line an 8x8 pan with baking paper.
- Place the butter, milk chocolate and dark chocolate in a saucepan and place on a low heat to melt.
- As the butter melts, place the egg whites, brown sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl and beat thoroughly. Until light and fluffy.
- Add in the cocoa powder and stir.
- Add in the melted butter and chocolate mixture and stir together.
- Finally stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for around 20 minutes.
- The sides and top should be set but there should still be a slight wobble in the center.
- Allow to cool before slicing into bars.