We’re turning a childhood love into a decadent treat suitable for adults.
This whole being an adult thing isn’t so bad!
Cookie Dough Truffles are a safe to eat, homemade, chocolate chip cookie dough that is then rolled into balls and instead of baking these into cookies, we cover them in melted chocolate. That makes these truffles and truffles = decadence.
I never lost my love for cookie dough. In fact, one of my favourite things when baking cookies is to eat the raw dough. Still. To this very day, I continue this past time. #livingontheedge.
Cookie dough does feature on my blog a bit (here, here, here, here, here, here and finally here) because I know this love for raw cookies has stuck with many of you too but I also know a lot of people won’t eat it as it’s ‘dangerous’ or just plain childish.
You can call me childish all you like ,I don’t mind. If the above reasons are stopping you from eating cookie dough, you’re in the right place.
This cookie dough replaces the eggs with milk and if you aren’t comfortable with eating raw flour, you can replace that with oat flour. Your cookie dough is now completely safe to eat! Now cover those cookie dough balls in melted chocolate (dark chocolate if you’re wanting a little sophistication) and eat those cookie dough truffles without fear of dying or appearing ‘childish’.
Is this what they call adulting?
- 90g Butter, softened
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cup Icing Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Flour (or oat flour)
- 3/4 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 200g Milk or Dark Chocolate, Melted
- Cream the butter, brown sugar and icing sugar together.
- Add in the milk and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Beat in the flour and mix until all combined into a soft dough.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls and place on non stick baking paper on a tray and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and dip each ball into the chocolate and return to the fridge for the chocolate to set.