**Please note this post does NOT contain affiliate links. I just really liked the chocolate and wanted to create a recipe around this chocolate bar!**
A few weeks ago Cadbury re-released an old favourite, Caramilk Chocolate. I had actually never heard of Caramilk until this release so I don’t know when it was originally on the shelves but never the less, I was eager to try this chocolate.
I really enjoyed it. The flavour of Caramilk is similar to that of my Caramel Filling crossed with white chocolate. It’s buttery, sweet and rich. The flavour made my mind run wild with possible recipes I could make with this chocolate.
So here we are…
Caramilk Bars. These are chewy, sweet and gooey. They have a little caramel flavour with a few pieces of white chocolate thrown in to create the flavour of Caramilk in cookie bar form.
*If Caramilk chocolate is not available where you are you can substitute with white chocolate instead.*
These are super simple to make and come together in moments. You only have to melt the gorgeous Caramilk chocolate and butter. Add that to the sugars (I like to use a mixture of sugar and dark brown sugar but you can use regular brown sugar instead), eggs and vanilla. Add some condensed milk for extra sweetness and then in goes the flour and baking soda.
Of course, these wouldn’t be complete without extra pieces of Caramilk chocolate and white chocolate thrown in now would they?
The texture and bursts of flavour in these bars are incredible. The bursts of Caramilk milk chocolate and white chocolate mixed with the chew and buttery richness from the cookie bar…
- 75 g Butter
- 130 g Caramilk Chocolate or white chocolate
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 3 Tbsp Condensed Milk
- 1 Cup and 2 Tbsp Flour
- 1/4 Tsp Baking soda
- 1/3 Cup White Chocolate Buttons
- 50 g - 60g Caramilk Chocolate broken into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line an 8"x8" pan with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and Caramilk chocolate together.
- Beat the egg, dark brown sugar, sugar and vanilla essence together until light.
- Mix in the chocolate mixture.
- Mix in the condensed milk
- Mix in the flour and baking soda.
- Add the white chocolate buttons and pieces of Caramilk chocolate.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. The middle should still lightly wobble while the top and outsides are set and lightly golden brown.