I truly am.
I’ve been naughty… Please forgive me… I’ve kept this recipe from you for over a year! I can only sincerely apologise. This recipe is one of the absolute favourites to come out of my kitchen and I didn’t want to share. It was selfish and I’m sorry!
Well it was part I didn’t want to share and part I didn’t know what to call these bars… Okay mostly I didn’t know what to call them but that sounded less dramatic.
I have finally decided on a name and that is Chocolate Caramel Swirl Fudge Bars. These are an Oreo base topped with a sweet caramel fudge with caramel chocolate pieces placed throughout the warm caramel so the chocolate swirls through the caramel.
I know these sound ridiculously simple (and they are) but I have never seen bars like these and they are honestly one of the best things you could make.
These are no bake minus the short baking of the Oreo base and only require a food processor and a saucepan.
Watch the video below and you will see these chocolate caramel swirl fudge bars are just a simple three step process and in the end you’re left with a sweet, gooey, sticky, soft caramel with chocolate swirled throughout and a crunchy Oreo base.
My words do not do these fudge bars justice. Just make them.
In the words of Shia LeBeouff: “Just DO IT!”
- 28 Oreos (1 Packet)
- 70 g Butter, Melted (1/3 Cup)
- 1 Tin Condensed Milk (400g)
- 80 g Butter (1/3 Cup)
- 1/4 Cup Golden Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 250 g Caramel Chocolate, like Rolos or Caramello
Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9"x9" baking tray with baking paper.
- Crush the Oreos and mix with the melted butter.
- Press into the base of the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Break up the caramel chocolate into separate pieces and place 50g of the caramel chocolate onto the Oreo base.
- In a saucepan, place the condensed milk, golden syrup and butter and bring up to the boil.
Once its nearly boiling take off the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Put the remaining caramel chocolate into the caramel and lightly mix so the chocolate swirls through the warm caramel.
- Pour over the Oreo base and spread into an even layer and place in the fridge for two hours until the caramel is set enough to slice.
Makes 12 large, sickly sweet pieces or 24 regular.