**Please note this post does NOT contain affiliate links. I just really liked the chocolate and wanted to create a recipe around this chocolate bar!**
With the release of the original Whittakers Milk Toffee Block I just knew I had to try it. In fact, I loved the chocolate so much I decided to create a recipe around this delicious chocolate bar.
Say hello to Whittakers Milk Toffee Chocolate Bars. These are like the chocolate bar in soft, baked goods form. A soft and chewy toffee-like slice with chocolate chips and Whittakers Milk Toffee Chocolate pieces throughout. This slice is then topped with more Whittakers Milk Toffee chocolate pieces and a melted chocolate drizzle.
You can watch the short video tutorial above and see how ridiculously easy these are to make. (Remember to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more tasty videos).
In this slice we use both brown sugar and dark brown sugar. I wanted these to be as toffee like as possible without making these too rich in the molasses/caramel flavour of the dark brown sugar. I think I created a good balance with the combination of these sugars but I’ll let you decide and tell me in the comments below!
We bake these bars in a 9×13 pan as we want these to be a thin slice. We don’t want a thick, soft and fluffy cookie bar. We want a dense, sweet, soft but chewy slice.
The addition of chocolate chips was just to enhance the chocolate element of the Whittakers Toffee Milk Block but you can omit them if you prefer. (You’d be crazy if you do but each to their own…). You can also add more Milk Toffee Chocolate to these if you want… I won’t tell….
We want to top this slice with the remaining Whittakers Toffee Milk chocolate while these bars are still hot from the oven. This is so the chocolate melts and becomes piles of soft, melting chocolate. Lightly pour over melted chocolate and enjoy a warm slice of these Whittakers Toffee Milk Chocolate Bars.
- 220 g Butter Softened
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Flour
- 250 g Whittakers Milk Toffee Block
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 100 g Milk Chocolate Melted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 9x13 baking pan with baking paper.
- Place the softened butter, brown sugar and dark brown sugar in a bowl and beat until fluffy.
- Add in the egg and beat until all combined.
- Add in the flour and beat until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and 150g of the Whittakers Toffee Milk Block pieces.
- Spread into an even layer in the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. The top and sides should be lightly golden but still soft to the touch.
- Place the remaining pieces of Whittakers Toffee Milk chocolate on top and let them melt onto the slice.
- Melt the milk chocolate and lightly drizzle over the top.
- Slice and serve.