Based off these Gluten Free Vanilla Pudding Cookie Bars, these Vanilla Pudding Cookies are dense, soft and chewy cookies with a sweetness and lovely aroma from the vanilla pudding mix. They’re packed full of chocolate and white chocolate chips.
I fell in love with these cookies and have since made them a number of times. The soft yet dense texture of these cookies combined with the well loved flavour of instant vanilla pudding mix is a winning combination.
*On one or two of the occasions making these, I have used gluten free flour in fpalce of regular flour and the results were the same.*
The difference between the vanilla pudding cookies and the gluten free vanilla pudding cookie bars is the use of cream cheese. I used a touch of cream cheese in these cookies is not just to change up the recipe but also to add another depth of flavour. The cream cheese adds to the pudding like texture of these cookies and adds a little tang to the sweetness of the cookies.
How was everybody’s week? If I’m honest mine was rather stressful and eventful so I’m looking forward to the long weekend.
If you make these remember to #lightscamerabake on Instagram and also subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking tutorials. I have something special planned for next week so watch out for that!
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 90 g Butter Softened
- 125 g Cream Cheese
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Egg
- 70 g Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Flour
- 1/3 Cup Chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup White chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Beat in the cream cheese.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla essence.
- Pour in the vanilla pudding mix, baking soda and gluten free flour and mix.
- Stir in the chocolate and white chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls and place on the baking tray and bake for 12 - 15 minutes. They will be soft to the touch but will harden when cooled.