For past couple of weeks, I have been in a slight state of crisis…. My town seems to be undergoing an Oreo shortage! I have had a craving for my No Bake Oreo Truffle Cheesecake and to my dismay both supermarkets were out of Oreos. How can this be? How is possible to not stock even one package???
So I thought to myself, I CAN survive this….. They will be restocked next week…… Well that week came and has now gone and still NO OREOS! No matter, I shall try to keep calm and rein in my cravings but…… If they don’t have Oreos stocked next week I may go into full panic mode.
On the plus side, it’s Saturday. Woo! Saturday happens to be my favourite day and what better way to celebrate my favourite day than with a little indulgence? I’m talking Tim Tam Truffle indulgence. Three ingredients, no bake, sweet and delicious treat that look and taste so decadent that everybody will be surprised at how quick and easy to make they are!
This recipe is not just for one flavour of truffles….. Not two….. But three flavours! (Of course if you only wanted a small number of truffles just use one packet of Tim Tams but once you have tried these you will definitely want more!) Besides, it’s Saturday, we’re indulging remember?
I think the choice of my favourite day has been dragged through to adulthood from my childhood:
Monday – Dislike – School
Tuesday – Meh – More school
Wednesday – Alright – Not much of school left
Thursday – Dislike, occasional like – not quite sure why I disliked this day so much but no doubt it was school related
Friday – Like – last school day!!
Saturday – Love – Freedom
Sunday – Like/Love/dreaded the end of the day… – Freedom but also pre-Monday
As you can see, my favouritism of days (sorry Monday) revolved around school, as I’m sure a lot of children’s did….. Please tell me children do this and I’m not alone?!
For the truffles, all you have to do is take a packet of Tim Tams – resisting the urge to eat them all – and crush them. Repeat this with the all three packets. These are quite hard to crush so I used a food processor but you could crush them by hand if you wish. You then mix the separate flavours with some condensed milk, roll them into balls and let them set in the fridge. You could stop there but these are decedent so we’re heading straight to fancy town…. (Fancy town? Where the heck do I come up with these things???)
Take some white, milk and dark chocolate and melt separately and roll the truffles in the chocolate and leave to set. You can have a little fun with the chocolate coating by mixing up the flavours. Placing white chocolate on the dark chocolate truffles, placing milk chocolate on the white truffles, etc. That way each truffle can be a surprise!
- 1 Packet Original Tim Tams
- 1 Packet White Chocolate Tim Tams
- 1 Packet Dark Chocolate Tim Tams
- 1 Tin Condensed Milk
- 100 g White Chocolate melted
- 100 g Milk Chocolate melted
- 100 g Dark Chocolate melted
- Crush all the Tim Tams separately and place into three separate bowls so the original Tim Tams are in one, the white chocolate Tim Tams in the other and the dark chocolate Tim Tams in the last one.
- Pour a third of the condensed milk into each of the bowls.
- Mix the Tim Tams with the condensed milk until gooey. (Ensure you rinse the spoon between bowls).
- Roll the mixtures into balls and place on a non stick baking sheet on a baking tray and place in the freezer for half an hour.
- Melt the three chocolate flavours separately and dip each truffle into the chocolate.
- You can either use the chocolate flavour to the corresponding truffle flavour or mix it up and dip the truffles at random.
- Place in the fridge until the chocolate has set.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
You can just use one packet of Tim Tams if you want a smaller amount of truffles.
You can use all the same flavour of Tim Tams and chocolate if you prefer.
P.S I’ve been filming some more baking tutorials so stay tuned for those. I also love hearing from you so if you have any feedback, questions or you try something you like, leave a comment and be sure to follow on my other social media!