Peanut Caramel Fudge Brownies: Rich and fudgy cocoa brownies filled with pockets of peanut butter and swirled with homemade caramel sauce. These brownies are very rich and not for the faint of heart. If you like chocolate, peanut butter and caramel, then these are definitely for you!
Notice anything….. LCB is sporting a new look! I’m still ironing out all the kinks and deciding on a final design for the new look of the blog. do you like it? I like the look better than before but I’m still not happy with the look yet so hopefully by the end of the week I will have the final design.
Suggestions and feedback is welcome. So if you have a flair for design, comment below!
Back to these dark, rich and fudgy brownies. Seriously, if you don’t like chocolate, these are not for you.
I used my Rich Cocoa Brownies recipe for the base of these brownies. I love that recipe because they turn out perfect every single time and they are so simple to make.
You can use any peanut butter in these brownies but I prefer using an all natural 100% peanuts peanut butter. I just prefer the taste, texture and not having all the unnecessary additives in my peanut butter but any brand or style of peanut butter will do.
For the caramel swirl I used my Salted Caramel Sauce recipe but didn’t add the salt. I like that caramel recipe because its easy and pretty much fool proof. You can use store bought caramel if you wish but if you have an extra 5 minutes I recommend making your own.
How is your New Year going so far? I have been busy baking up storm and watching movies. I watched Spy again for like the tenth time. That movie never ceases to make me laugh and amazingly it wasn’t a horror!
Remember to join me on my social media and don’t forget to share your sweet creations with me.
Check out the video tutorial for these brownies below.
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 2/3 Cup Cocoa
- 140 g Butter melted
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 Cup Peanut Butter
- Caramel Sauce;
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 25 g Butter melted
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp Milk
- First make the caramel sauce.
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan on a medium to high heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the milk and bring to the boil.
- Boil for at least 2 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Allow to cool while you make the brownies.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line a 8x8 baking tin with baking paper.
- Place the sugar, brown sugar, flour, cocoa and white chocolate chips in a bowl and mix together.
- Melt the butter and pour into the dry ingredients.
- Add the eggs and mix.
- Add the vanilla and mix until all combined.
- Place 2/3 of the mixture into the prepared tin and using the end of a spoon, create little pockets within the brownie.
- Spoon the peanut butter into the pockets.
- Pour over the caramel sauce and spread evenly.
- Spoon over the remaining brownie and bake for 20-25 minutes. The top and sides should look set will the middle will be a little wobbly.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.