Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies – Soft, melting, chocolate chip cookies made with a healthy paleo twist. Perfect for anyone who follows the paleo diet or just wants a healthier cookie!
How was everybody’s weekend? Mine was spent recipe developing and relaxing. The weather in my neck of the woods has been – what others would describe as – terrible. For the past week we have had rain, wind, thunder and lightning and just overall bad weather. I actually quite like this kind of weather, provided I can stay inside my home. I love being inside with the fires going and either curling up under a blanket watching movies or flitting round my kitchen baking something delicious. For me, bad weather just enhances the cosiness and happiness I get from baking. If that makes sense?
These Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies are super yummy! They use coconut nut oil, coconut flour and coconut sugar as healthy substitutes to the usual butter, white sugar and white flour. Don’t be alarmed at all the coconut. They don’t taste completely of coconut, they just have a hint of that flavour.
The cookies themselves are so easy to make. They just take one bowl and a small saucepan to melt the coconut oil. You melt the coconut oil and then mix all the ingredients together, roll them into balls and place them on a baking tray and bake. That’s it! So easy, you could make them with your eyes closed.
I found these were best eaten warm out of the oven. They do last for up to a week stored in an airtight container but they do go quite soft and a little gummy. I personally – and my taste testers – didn’t mind this in the slightest but I know some people don’t enjoy an overly soft cookie.
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with cooking paper.
- Melt the coconut oil.
- Mix the eggs, vanilla and melted coconut oil together.
- Mix in the coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Finally stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into balls and place in the oven for 12 - 15 mins.
- They don't spread and should be springy to the touch.
- To make these completely Paleo, ensure you use Paleo chocolate chips.
- If you are wanting these completely gluten free, please ensure you chekc all the ingredients are certified gluten free.