These bars have something for everyone one and have just about every baking ingredient in them. They are aptly named Kitchen Cupboard Bars.
These bars are loosely adapted from my Easter Funfetti Bars. Although they’re not Easter related….. Or have funfetti in them… Really the base recipe is the thing that connects these. In the Kitchen Cupboard Bars we have M&Ms, KitKats, Caramello, Mars Bars, popping candy chocolate, chocolate chips, white chocolate and to top it all off, a chocolate spread swirl.
You can say it.
a little insane.
But it’s okay because you get this marvelous, gooey creation out of my insanity.
These came about when i was trying to use up random small amounts of leftover confectionery and believe me, there was much more in the test recipe! Since it tasted so delicious (I mean, how could it not?), I decided to develop a proper recipe and so, here we are.
The M&Ms and chocolate chips are the essential chocolate element while the Mars Bars and the Caramello add the sweet chew factor. The KitKats add the much needed crunch and the popping candy… Well…. That adds to the fun factor.
If you don’t have one or two of those candy bars, don’t worry. They’re called Kitchen Cupboard Bars for a reason and you can just omit or replace any of the listed candy bars with your favourite. These are not only great for using up leftover confectionery but also a perfect treat to serve at parties. Or anytime if you’re like me. #Don’tNeedAnExcuse #JustMakeThese
- 200g Butter, Melted
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 Cup Cornflour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup M&Ms
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 4 KitKat Fingers, chopped
- 1/4 Cup White Chocolate
- 1 Mars Bar, chopped
- 1 50g Caramello Chocolate Bar, chopped
- 1 50g Popping Candy Chocolate Bar, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 9x9 baking pan with baking paper.
- Beat the melted butter, sugar and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and the vanilla essence and beat.
- Add in the cornflour, baking powder and flour and mix until all combined.
- Mix in all the confectionary.
- Gently swirl through the Nutella (I find melting it helps).
- Spread the mixture in the baking pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes. Check the bars at 25 minutes the outside and top should be set but the middle slightly wobbly. If it is too 'underdone' for you, baking for a further 10 minutes.
- You can replace any of the confectionery for your favourite chocolate bars.