Coconut and chocolate. Such a classic combination, yet I don’t have anything with that combination on my blog! The closest thing would be these Magic Seven Layer Bars.
Today, I’m remedying that fact with this Coconut Chocolate Gooey Slice. Deliciously gooey bars full of chocolate chips and coconut for the ultimate coconut chocolate experience. The coconut not only gives this slice a lovely flavour but also a lovely, crunchy texture.
Don’t get me wrong, there are gooey but they have an added crunch throughout. (If that makes sense…)
To really take these over-the-top, I’ve thrown in some chopped up Bounty Bars to make this slice truly… Bountiful…. #cringeyjoke. Seriously though, what coconut chocolate gooey slice would be complete without the classic Bounty Bar?
Fun fact: A few years ago, my friends and I settled in for a movie day which included chocolate (of course) and someone brought a big block of coconut chocolate. Long story short, the three of us managed to eat the entire block in less than five minutes and before the movies had started! Since then, coconut chocolate has been our kryptonite on movie day. Seriously. Ask them.
If you hadn’t already guessed from the above statement, coconut chocolate has to be up there as one of my favourite chocolate flavours. Yet I’m a bit funny when it comes to coconut. I like coconut. I love it in chocolate, curries, etc but…. If I think about eating it or baking with it, I always get an overwhelming ‘ugh’ feeling. You know that feeling?
I don’t know why, and after making this Coconut Chocolate Gooey Slice, I REALLY don’t know why because honestly this slice is amazing! Even my Mum thinks so. Seriously. Ask her.
Let me know in the comments if you’e like me and get the ‘ugh’ feeling with coconut or any other food. Make sure you subscribe to my YouTube channel for more delicious videos and #lightscamerabake on Instagram so I can see your creations.
- 90 g Butter Softened
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Icing Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Tbsp Cornflour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 5 Mini Bounty Bars or 1-2 Regular Size Bounties
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line an 8x8 baking pan with baking paper.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar and icing sugar together.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla essence.
- Add in the flour, cornflour, baking soda, coconut and chocolate chips and beat together.
- Finally stir in the chopped Bounties and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for around 20 minutes. The top and sides should be golden and the middle will be slightly wobbly for the goo factor.