There are no words that can describe this Caramel Cheesecake but I shall try…. It is creamy, smooth, rich, sweet, melting, indulgent, decedent and so moreish! This cheesecake has a digestive biscuit (or graham cracker) base that is then filled with caramel cheesecake swirled with regular vanilla cheesecake that is then finally topped with more caramel sauce! Delicious…..
I have had quite a week this week and I intend to indulge this weekend with this cheesecake! I plan to devour it All. By. Myself…. My cat Charles (who was featured here) had to have emergency surgery on Monday and we just got him home last night. He is now acting even needier than usual and he has meowed himself hoarse. He is still a little stoned from the drugs which is giving us a good laugh as he stumbles around and collapses quiet dramatically on the floor! I must say, although I am glad hes home, it was A LOT quieter without him here!
If you aren’t a fan of caramel don’t worry! The caramel used in this is my caramel filling recipe. Its buttery but sweet and is a lighter caramel unlike traditional powerful tasting caramel sauces. You could of course use a store bought caramel sauce but it just isn’t the same as making your own!
Because I used this caramel, the caramel flavour is very subtle but it creates the perfect balance between rich and sweet. I honestly can’t describe how smooth and creamy this cheesecake is! You will just have to try this for yourself….
I even created a video to help you along….
- 120 g Butter melted
- 1 Packet of Digestive Biscuits or graham crackers
- 500 g Cream Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 Cup Icing Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Cream
- For the Caramel;
- 1 Tin Condensed Milk
- 1/4 Cup Golden Syrup
- 70 g Butter
- First make the caramel.
- Place the butter, golden syrup and condensed milk in a saucepan over a medium heat and stir until melted.
- Keep stirring for a further 5 minutes before removing from the heat and setting it aside.
- For the cheesecake;
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line a 20cm cake tin.
- Crush the digestives and mix with the melted butter.
- Press into the base of the prepared pan and place in the fridge.
- Beat the cream cheese, icing and vanilla essence together until smooth.
- Add in the eggs and beat until smooth.
- Beat in the cream and beat until it thickens. (Around 3-5 minutes)
- Place half of the mixture in a separate bowl.
- Pour in half the caramel sauce to half the mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour over the base.
- Top with the other half of the mixture and swirl through.
- Place in the oven to bake for 50-60 minutes.
- It should be set on the outside with a slight wobble in the center.
- Allow it to come to room temperature before placing in the fridge for at least four but preferably eight hours.
- Top with the remaining caramel and serve.