Brondies. Yes you read that right. Brondies. I have made history here today and so I want it to be known that I, yes ME, have just created the new Brondies. If you see these trending over the interweb, know that it all originated here. *Drops the mic*
Brondies are a brownie crossed a blondie. They’re similar to a Brookie which are brownies crossed with cookies. There’s a difference.
The struggle really was coming up with the name. In the end it came between Brondies and Blownies. Brondies sounds better don’t you think?
These Brondies are an adaptation of my Chewy Brownies crossed with my go to blondie recipe. In other words: Chewy, fudgy, ooey gooey, chocolate brownies crossed with soft, fudgy, ooey gooey, vanilla blondies.
If you can’t tell, I’m very pleased with my genius **takes a bow and imagines flowers being thrown at my feet**. Just kidding
soft of, but these are insanely delicious. The flavours mix and mold together brilliantly and both the brownie and the blondie have similar textures to each other so they mold seamlessly together to create these Brondies.
I hope you enjoy your Brondies and remember to spread the word on this new creation! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and #lightscamerabake your creations and check out the video tutorial and subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- 75 g Butter
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 75 g Butter Melted
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Cup Flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line an 8x8 baking pan and set aside.
- First make the brownie mixture.
- Melt the butter and chocolate chips together leave leave to cool slightly.
- Beat the egg, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla together for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the chocolate mixture and stir in.
- Stir in the cocoa until nearly combined and then finally add the flour and stir until just combined.
- Set aside and make the blondie mixture.
- Melt the butter and mix the with brown sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat in.
- Stir in the flour and then pour into the prepared tin and spread evenly.
- Pour the brownie mixture over top and spread evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes and insert a skewer in the center. You want wet crumbs attached the center to slightly wobble but not be liquid.