That’s right. Today’s recipe is something a little healthy.
Apart from the butter…..
But it has apples…. And oats….. They’re healthy right?
These are Apple Crumble Bars. They are delicious! I adapted an apple slice recipe to make them richer and tastier. This slice is perfect for a snack. Or serve it for breakfast with some yoghurt, or for dessert with a scoop of ice cream!
- 150g Butter
- 1 ½ Cup Wholemeal Flour
- 1 Cup Oats
- ½ Cup Coconut
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar (Or ½ Cup Brown, ¼ Cup White)
- 1 Tbsp. Cinnamon – plus some to sprinkle
- 300-400g Pie Apple Filling or Apple Sauce
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a sponge roll tin or slice tine with baking paper.
- Melt the butter.
- While the butter is melting, mix the flour, oats, coconut, sugar and cinnamon together.
- Pour the melted butter into the dry mixture and mix until nice and crumbly.
- Sprinkle ½ to 2/3 of the crumble mixture in the base of the tin and cover evenly.
- Pour the apple over top of the base and spread evenly. Sprinkle more cinnamon over top. (Up to you how much but I do at least 2 tsp.)
- Sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture over top and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
- This can be served hot or cold for breakfast, snacks, lunch, dessert or even dinner!