Salted Caramel Cheesecake Brownies: A rich and fudgy chocolate brownie with a sweet, salted caramel cheesecake filling.
I’ve been wanting to test and make this recipe for a looonnggg time now and finally, FINALLY, I have and I was not disappointed and neither will you be!
These brownies are just so indulgent and so rich and fudgy you won’t want to go back to regular old brownies again.
For the brownies I adapted the brownie from my Ultimate Chocolate Chip Oreo Brownies as that brownie recipe turns out super rich and super fudgy while having the right amount of brownie batter needed for this recipe.
The only tricks needed with this recipe is in the brownies, ensure you beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy as the eggs are the only raising agent in these brownies so beating them until fluffy gives the brownies a lighter and fudgier texture as apposed to thin and dense.
The salted caramel cheesecake couldn’t be easier just take my homemade salted caramel recipe, beat in some cream cheese and that’s it! Absolutely painless and fuss free. To ensure your cheesecake layer is nice and smooth, I recommend leaving the cream cheese out of the fridge to come to room temperature so it beats nicer and is lump free.
I hope this makes your Monday a little brighter. We got sun and no rain here today which made a great change. We’ve been hit with around two weeks of non stop rain and although I don’t mind the rain, (so long as I can stay inside by the fire), two weeks is getting to be a bit much…
Also don’t forget to #lightscamerabake on Instagram if you make this or any other of my recipes as I love to see your baking creations!
- 190 g Dark Chocolate
- 170 g Butter
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa
- 1 Cup Cup Flour
- Salted Caramel Cheesecake;
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 50 g Butter Melted
- 3 Tbsp Milk
- 1/2 - 1 Tsp Salt
- 250 g Cream Cheese
- First make the salted caramel.
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan on a medium to high heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the milk and bring to the boil.
- Boil for at least 2 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Add the salt and allow to cool while you make the brownie batter.
- Line a 9"x13" baking tin with cooking paper and preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence until light and fluffy.
- Mix the chocolate mixture through the eggs.
- Mix in the cocoa and flour.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth and add in the salted caramel sauce. Beat until combined.
- Spread half of the brownie batter in the base of the prepared pan.
- Pour over the salted caramel cheesecake mixture and top with the remaining brownie batter.
- Place in the oven for 35-40 minutes. The middle will still wobble slightly but the brownie should be set on the top and sides.