Happy Monday to you! I’m starting this week off by revisiting one of the original recipes posted on LCB. Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies. The recipe is so good but the original photos and post was very cringe worthy so I thought a new post, some new photos and a new video was definitely in order!
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are a soft, chewy and dense chocolate chip cookie with a whole Oreo baked inside. That’s right, its a cookie inside a cookie.
When I first made this recipe I was really surprised at how amazing these actually taste. The chocolate chip cookies are soft and chewy and then you hit inside of the cookie and get a crunch and burst of rich chocolate Oreo. Somehow in the cooking process the sweet Oreo filling becomes more pronounced so you get a delicious vanilla sweet hit as well.
These are a quick and easy, one bowl recipe. You will see from the video just how easy they are to make and getting the Oreos in the cookies really is very simple. Just divide the cookie dough into 48 small pieces. flatten a piece of dough, place the Oreo on top of the dough and grab another piece of dough and place that on top of the Oreo. Gently press around the edges to seal in the Oreo and that’s it! The key is to be gentle so you don’t break the Oreos.
I hope your week is off to a good start. Mine is now that I have these beauties to see me through!
- 200 g Butter Softened
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2/3 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Essence
- 3 and 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- 24 Oreo Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- With an electric mixer, beat the softened butter until creamy and add the brown sugar and sugar creaming them together.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well in between. Add the vanilla essence.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and baking soda together.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients in batches. The batter will be quite stiff.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir in.
- Divide the mixture into around 48 balls. Grab one ball and place it on top of an Oreo and grab another ball and place it underneath. Seal the edges together around the Oreo and place on the baking tray.
- Bake for around 10-12 minutes. The dough will still be a little soft to the touch.