I’m bad…. Bad to the bone…
Do you have the song stuck in your head yet? #SorryNotSorry.
But seriously, I have been bad. Creating this bad boy! Nutella Cookies and Cream Crunch Bars. Layers of white chocolate mixed with crushed Oreos topped with chocolate mixed with crushed digestives (graham crackers). What’s the gooey chocolate in the center you ask Oh, that’s just the NUTELLA. I believe there are even a few KitKats thrown in there as well… Welcome to Nutella Week. I think you’re going to love it here.
So my freezer is full. Like overly full with all the creations I’ve been baking lately. I made a promise to myself not to bake anything for a few weeks to try to make a dent in the things I already have. So what do I do? The next day I find myself in the kitchen – very sneakily- concocting this bad boy.
I felt like I was committing a crime, yet it really is only a crime against myself and my poor freezer.
The crime was worth it.
I’m bad to the bone remember?
This is my first chocolate bar here on LCB. The closest thing to a chocolate bar would be the cookies and cream rocky road. After the success of this you can be sure there will be plenty more of these chocolate bars in the future!
Right now, lets just enjoy these Nutella Cookies and Cream Crunch Bars one shall we?
- 1/2 Packet Oreos (around 7) Broken into small pieces
- 125 g Digestive biscuits or Graham Crackers Broken into small pieces
- 2x 4-finger Packet of KitKats Broken into small pieces
- 200 g Chocolate Melted
- 200 g White Chocolate Melted
- 1/2 Cup Nutella
- Line an 8x8 baking tray with non stick paper and set aside.
- Place the broken Oreos and one packet of the broken up KitKits into a bowl.
- Pour over the melted white chocolate and mix together.
- Pour into the base of the baking pan and spread into an even layer.
- You want to do the last two steps quickly as the chocolate will begin to set.
- Dollop over the Nutella in teaspoon size dollops.
- Place the broken digestives and remaining broken up packet of KitKats in a bowl.
- Pour over the chocolate and mix quickly.
- Pour over the top of the Nutella and spread quickly but gently.
- Place in the fridge for 15 minutes and then slice and place back in the fridge until set.
- It's much easier to slice when the crunch bars aren't fully set and hard.