These Ice Cream Bites are an easy, three ingredient, homemade ice cream covered in melted chocolate and sliced almonds. This is great no bake sweet treat with built in portion control. Sort of….
Remember when I did Ice Cream Week? I showed you three different ice creams while using the same simple three ingredient homemade ice cream. This takes that simple ice cream mixture and turns them into cute, chocolate covered bite sized pieces. These are so simple to make the only thing you have to remember is keeping the ice cream frozen every step of of the way.
Once you have made the ice cream and frozen it in a tray, you cut the ice cream into pieces and then you re freeze while you melt the chocolate. Make sure you allow the melted chocolate to cool so its to room temperature before getting the ice cream back out of the freezer.
This is where you have to work fast. Dip each piece of ice cream into the chocolate mixture and then re freeze the ice cream. You may have to do this in two batches as the ice cream will start to melt and the chocolate will begin to harden in the bowl.
Don’t forget to watch the short video tutorial below and subscribe to my YouTube channel for more delicious videos.
- 300 mL Cream
- 1/2 Tin Condensed Milk
- 3/4 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 400 g Milk or Dark Chocolate
- 1 and 1/4 Cups Sliced Almonds
- Beat the cream until soft peaks form.
- Add the condensed milk and vanilla essence and beat until all combined.
- Spread the mixture in a 9x13 tin lined with baking paper.
- Place in the freezer until set. (Around 1 - 2 hours)
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer and slice into 32 bite size pieces and place back in the freezer.
- While that is setting back up melt your chocolate.
- Add the sliced almonds to the melted chocolate and allow the chocolate to come to room temperature.
- Line a baking tray with non stick paper and grab a fork.
- Take the ice cream back out of the freezer, place a piece of ice cream on the fork and dip in the chocolate.
- Place on the tray and repeat.
- Work fast for this as the ice cream will melt and the chocolate will harden.
You may need to melt the chocolate and dip the ice cream in two batches if you don't think you can work fast. That means melting 200g of chocolate at a time.