How was everybody’s weekend? I watched a few movies and made myself another one of my Chocolate Brownie Cookies and Cream Crazy Shakes, so mine was fun and relaxed. If you haven’t made it yet, you really must!
Onto the Blondies….
Triple Chocolate Chip Blondies to be exact.
Of all the blondies I have made, I have never once made a triple chocolate one. (You would think with my love for blondies, gooey baking and chocolate, I would have but, alas, no.) I don’t know what to tell you…. I must be crazy and all I can do is kick myself for not making them earlier because these are AMAZING!
My soft, almost gooey blondie filled with chocolate, chocolate and – you guessed it – CHOCOLATE!
The blondies themselves are super easy to make. You only need one bowl and a saucepan if you melt butter on the stove like me. The dough will be sticky and slightly runny. This is good, we’re making soft blondies not cookies!
As the sweetener in my blondies, I only use brown sugar. There are four reasons for this:
1) Brown sugar gives the blondies a lovely bold, rich depth of flavour.
2) Brown sugar gives the blondies a lovely chewiness and helps keep them soft and gooey.
3) I find adding white sugar turns them more into cookie bars rather than blondies.
4) I just happen to really love brown sugar!
On to the best bit…. The chocolate!
The use of three different types of chocolate isn’t just to put as much chocolate as possible into these blondies. (Though that’s incentive enough…). It is also to help boost the flavour of each type of chocolate, therefore boosting the overall flavour of the blondie.
The dark chocolate chips give a deep, depth of flavour while the milk chocolate chips balance out the dark and gives us the lovely light, sweet chocolate flavour that most of us love.
Lastly, the white chocolate chips give the distinctive flavour that only white chocolate has so it plays off the other two “proper” chocolate flavours and creates a balance. You also get a lovely burst of the white chocolate flavour in every bite, so that’s always fun!
I always love to hear feedback on my recipes and posts so feel free to comment and if you have any questions on any of my recipes don’t hesitate to ask 🙂
- 75 g Butter melted
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line an 8"x8" baking tin.
- Melt the butter and mix the with brown sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat in.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and baking soda until all combined.
- Stir in all the chocolate chips and then pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the skewer inserted comes out with crumbs attached.
- Will be slightly under baked but that's how it should be.