It’s Friday! Yay! To celebrate I have made Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars: A soft, creamy, baked cheesecake filled with pockets of chocolate chip cookie dough on top of a chocolate base!
I can’t resist, I have to slice a piece now….
…. I’m back! With cheesecake in hand.
It has taken me longer than usual to think about what recipe to create for this post, as I knew it had to be something awesome. For one thing, it is a celebration of the fact it is Friday and the beginning of the weekend! But it was also following up my Chocolate Brownie Cookies and Cream Freak Shake post, which, if you haven’t seen that or made that yet, then click that link and check it out………. After checking out these cookie dough cheesecake bars of course.
I have made cookie dough cheesecakes many times. I love finding the soft pieces of cookie dough among the creamy texture of the cheesecake.
Because I changed these to cheesecake bars not a cheesecake, I decided to change up what I usually do with the base of the cheesecake and instead of using a digestive or graham cracker base, I used a chocolate biscuit base. Because, why not?
This really is a simple cheesecake that works every time. The only trouble you may run into is cracking on the top. To help avoid this, make sure you let it cool in the oven with the door slightly ajar before allowing it to come to room temperature on the bench and finally placing it into the fridge. If you do get cracking its not the end of the world and doesn’t affect the flavour in any way.
These bars are creamy and not too rich so you can go back for
seconds thirds fourths…..
- For the Cookie Dough;
- 100 g Butter softened
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/2 - 3/4 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 50 g Butter melted
- 24 Chocolate Biscuits crushed
- 625 g Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Greek Yoghurt
- 1/2 Cup Icing Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- To make the Cookie Dough;
- Beat the softened butter, sugar and brown sugar together.
- Beat in the milk and vanilla essence.
- Mix in the flour and chocolate chips.
- Roll into small tablespoon size balls and place on a lined baking tray.
- Place in the freezer for at least half an hour while you make the rest of the cheesecake bars.
- To make the Cheesecake;
- Grease or line a 9"x9" pan with cooking paper and preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Crush the chocolate biscuits and mix in the melted butter.
- Spread evenly over the base of the pan and refrigerate while making the rest of the cheesecake.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs and yoghurt.
- Finally add the vanilla essence and icing sugar and beat until all combined.
- Stir in the frozen cookie dough balls and pour over the biscuit base.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. The middle should still be slightly wobbly.
- Turn off the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature before placing it in the fridge for 4-8 hours.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.