Caramel Tarts that taste sweet and look sweet too!
Don’t they look gorgeous?! You will find, as I found,that one just isn’t enough. When I first made these a couple of years ago, I ate
half all of them! Don’t judge me…. These are dangerous. But a little danger in your life is good. If you are worried about eating half all of these cute little tarts, make them for a dinner party or a special occasion where there will be plenty of guests to eat them!
I made the base of mine with ready made, bought sweet pastry to make them really simple and quick. You can of course make your own sweet pastry if you prefer and have the time to do so. The caramel is very similar to my Caramel Filling which is a rich, buttery and sweet. So good!
To finish them off, I place chocolate button or a few chocolate chips in the centre of each one. This is mostly for aesthetic purposes so you can omit if you prefer no chocolate in these.
- 500 g or 2 Sheets of Sweet Short Crust Pastry you can use homemade if you wish
- 160 g Condensed Milk
- 1/4 Cup Golden Syrup
- 65 g Butter
- 24 Chocolate Buttons
- Grease two mini muffin tins so you have 24 cases.
- Line each case with pastry that is about 2mm thick and place in the fridge.
- Heat the condensed milk, golden syrup and butter together until just melted but still thick.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon the caramel over top of the pastry.
- Place a chocolate button in the center of each tart.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- The outside of the pastry cases should be just starting to brown.
- Allow to cool in the muffin tins before removing from the tin.