That’s right. Today’s recipe is something a little healthy.
Apart from the butter…..
But it has apples…. And oats….. They’re healthy right?
These are Apple Crumble Bars. They are delicious! I adapted an apple slice recipe to make them richer and tastier. This slice is perfect for a snack. Or serve it for breakfast with some yoghurt, or for dessert with a scoop of ice cream!
- 150 g Butter
- 1 ½ Cup Wholemeal Flour
- 1 Cup Oats
- ½ Cup Coconut
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar Or ½ Cup Brown, ¼ Cup White
- 1 Tbsp. Cinnamon – plus some to sprinkle
- 300-400 g Pie Apple Filling or Apple Sauce
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a sponge roll tin or slice tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter.
- While the butter is melting, mix the flour, oats, coconut, sugar and cinnamon together.
- Pour the melted butter into the dry mixture and mix until nice and crumbly.
- Sprinkle ½ to 2/3 of the crumble mixture in the base of the tin and cover evenly.
Pour the apple over top of the base and spread evenly. Sprinkle more cinnamon over top. (Up to you how much but I do at least 2 teaspoons.)
- Sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture over top and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
- This can be served hot or cold for breakfast, snacks, lunch, dessert or even dinner!
Adapted from Adapted from ‘Family Circle’ May 1997