This is my first blog post!
I thought I would use this to introduce myself and my next post. I am currently making short films and making cooking tutorials and posting them on YouTube as way to get my work out in the big, wide, world. My dream is to be a successful film maker so why not combine my love for film making with my love for baking and creating? My hope with this website and my tutorials is that I will get my film work out in the world, inspire some of you to bake and share some delicious recipes that I love to make!
I have always loved to bake, but over the course of this year I have been baking non stop and have discovered that it is truly a passion. As I have got more confident in myself and my creations I can now look at recipes differently and see how I can improve them or adapt them. I hope this becomes the same for you as you get more confident in the kitchen.
Now on to my first recipe.
Butterscotch Slice. Look at all that caramel….
I have been making these bars non stop for the past month. I make them and they just….. disappear. Like magic!
I think I must have little Elves in my kitchen with the taste for these bars. That’s what I tell myself anyway….
- 125 g Butter Softened
- ¼ Cup Caster Sugar
- 1 and ½ Cups Flour
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 Tbsp. Milk
- Caramel Filling;
- 125 g Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Caster Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Condensed Milk
- 3 Tbsp. Golden Syrup
- Chocolate Topping;
- 125 g Dark Chocolate
- 20 g Butter
- For the Base;
Grease a shallow 9" tin and preheat oven to 180°C.
In a food processor, combine the butter, castor sugar and flour and process the mixture by pulsing the machine until the mixture reassembles fine breadcrumbs.
Add the egg yolk and milk. Process until the mixture forms a dough.
- Press the dough into the base of the tin
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Allow it to cool in the tin.
To make the caramel filling, place all the caramel ingredients into a saucepan and melt over a low heat.
- Once the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved, turn up the heat and slowly bring it to the boil.
- Stir the caramel as it boils for 5 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour the caramel over the base and spread it evenly.
- Allow this to set while you make the chocolate topping.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan (or you can use a microwave).
- Pour the melted chocolate over the caramel and spread until you have a nice even layer.
- Let the chocolate set and then cut into slices.
So that’s all for now. I hope you enjoy my website and follow it as I continue to grow and post new things.