I know I’m a bit late to the Christmas baking party but better late than never! With only three more sleeps until Christmas you’ll want to make these as soon as possible! These are Peppermint Chocolate Christmas Cookies. Peppermint chocolate cookies with a few white chocolate chips and crushed candy canes thrown in. These cookies are then dipped in melted white chocolate and topped with more crushed candy canes! It’s starting to look a lot like Christmas…..
I have even prepared a quick video tutorial on these cookies which you can view below. If you follow me on Instagram you will know I recently bought a Kitchen Aid Mixer!!! (Still so excited about it that it’s a little sad). Well, these cookies were the first thing I created in that mixer so it does feature in the video…
I have been seeing variations for these types of cookies all over Pinterest and the internet and decided that they were too cute and festive to pass up. I, however, did not follow someone else’s recipe and instead adapted my chocolate cookie recipe. After making some minor adjustments and adding the mint extract, these cookies were good to go.
Over the past week we have had family, that we don’t get to see very often, come over to New Zealand so it has been absolutely amazing and wonderful to see them and I wish we could all get together more often! Needless to say these cookies disappeared in a heartbeat. Think I may just have to go make some more to replenish the cupboard…
- 90g Butter, Softened
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 Tsp Peppermint Essence
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/3 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 5-6 Candy Canes, Crushed
- 200g White Chocolate Melted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar and sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla, peppermint essence and egg.
- Finally beat in the cocoa, flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Crush three of the candy canes and add those with the white chocolate chips and stir together.
- Roll into balls and bake the cookies for around 15 minutes. The cookies will have spread a little and the outside will still be soft but look set.
- Crush the remaining candy canes and melt the white chocolate.
- Dip each cookie into the white chocolate so one half of each cookie is completely covered.
- Sprinkle over the crushed candy canes while the chocolate is still melted and allow the chocolate to set before serving.