**Updated photos November 2016 and new YouTube video!**
Crazy Over Mars….. Bars!
Can you guess what my next recipe includes?
That IS a Mars Bar Pie! Your eyes do not deceive you.
Not a pie in the traditional sense of a pastry case with a filling. This is more of a cakey base with a caramel Mars Bar filling with a Mars Bar, chocolate, brownie topping! Phew, that was a lot to write!
This is delicious! One of my favourites I think.
- 100g Butter, melted
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 Cup Flour
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsp of Chocolate Chips
- 2 Mars Bars, melted
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Can of Caramel (rr use my Caramel Filling)
- 10 Mini Mars Bars, Chopped
- Line a spring form pan and preheat the oven to 180C.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar together and lightly bring to the boil.
- Remove from heat and beat in one eggs and vanilla essence.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder.
- Place ¾ Cup of the mixture in the base of the pan and freeze.
- Melt the mars bars and chocolate chips together.
- Add the cocoa and milk and stir.
- Add the remaining egg and mix into the leftover Blondie batter.
- Press the Blondie batter smoothly over the base of the tin.
- Pour in the caramel evenly.
- Add the chopped mars bars and top with the chocolate batter.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a skewer comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool and then cut into slices.
Remember to #lightscamerabake on Instagram to show me how yours turns out 🙂