There’s a common misconception with Mallow Balls in that people think of them as a child’s party or snack food. Everyone loves them but people seem to be afraid to make them or serve them to adults for fear of looking childish.
Well I’m here to tell you my friends, that they are neither too childish nor party nibblish (is that even a word?!), to not make any time of the year, for any occasion, for any age! Trust me people…. Adults and children alike will love you for making these.
However, if you do have children, I suggest letting them help you in the kitchen with these. They really are quite fun to make 🙂
- 100g Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1 Packet Plain Sweet Biscuits
- 10-12 Marshmallows
- Crush the biscuits and chop the marshmallows in half.
- Heat the butter, cocoa, brown sugar and condensed milk in a medium saucepan until the butter and sugar have melted and dissolved.
- Take it off the heat and add the vanilla essence and biscuit crumbs.
- Mix thoroughly and allow it to cool enough to shape into balls.
- Line a plate with baking paper and wet your hands.
- Shape some of the mixture around each marshmallow half, forming a ball.
- Refrigerate them until they are firm.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- You can roll the balls in coconut before refrigerating them if you wish.