I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter holiday. I sure did. Chocolate, movies, family…. What’s not to love? Of course, being baking obsessed, I can’t stay out of the kitchen for long so I decided to see what I could come up with to bake. Since I have been stuffing my face with all sorts of yummy foods this holiday, I thought I would look to something a little more on the healthy side. So I found the perfect recipe and, as I am still in the chocolate mood (when am I ever not?!), I decided to try Flourless Chocolate Cookies.
They were exactly what I was looking for. Rich, soft and scrummy.
I have seen flourless cookies in the past that used melted chocolate and egg whites to create the cookie like texture, but, I wanted to try create a cookie using cocoa to make them even healthier. As you can see, these turn out very dark but that is because of all the cocoa and no flour to balance out the colour. I added white chocolate chips to mine as I think the contrast between the darkness of the cookies and the light of the chocolate chips is fabulous.
You will love these and trust me, no one ever know these isn’t any flour in these.
But don’t take my word for it, try them for yourselves.
- 100g, Butter, softened
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Icing Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 Cup Cocoa
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Beat the softened butter, brown sugar and icing sugar together until light.
- Add the egg and vanilla essence and beat until fluffy.
- Stir in the baking soda and cocoa and mix until combined.
- The mixture will appear very dark and gummy but that's okay.
- Stir in the chocolate chips if you are adding this step.
- Roll into balls and bake for 10 minutes.