Throw away any store bought chocolate sauces because I have the only chocolate sauce recipe you will ever need. This uses simple ingredients, uses one pot and takes no more than 10 minutes to make and tastes 1000x better than any store bought chocolate sauce!
Fun Fact: I have only bought chocolate sauce once – perhaps twice – in my lifetime! I never really put chocolate sauce on my ice cream and if I ever needed it for baking I would always just throw a few ingredients in a pan and make my own. Honestly, it has never really crossed my mind to actually buy some and after years of just throwing ingredients in a pan and hoping for the best, I decided to actually develop and recipe that I – and you! – can follow to make the best chocolate sauce you will have at home!
I think the main reason I always have made my own is that I remember as a child having some chocolate sauce and being so disappointed at the taste that I’ve never wanted to buy it since. It wasn’t very chocolatey and it had a terrible artificial aftertaste that I think has just put me off for life. Not that I mind because, although I may be biased, it forced me to come up with the best chocolate sauce recipe around!
- 250g Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 3 Tbsp Golden Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Extra Milk, (optional
- Place the chocolate, milk and golden syrup into a pot on a medium heat.
- tir all the ingredients together until the chocolate has melted.
- Take off the heat and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Add extra milk if you want a runnier texture as it will set up in the fridge.
- Use milk chocolate or half milk and half dark for a sweeter sauce.
- Double or triple the recipe for bulk or half the recipe if you only require a small amount.