We are in the middle of Cookie Pie Week here! We started with this ooey, gooey Salted Caramel Cookie Pie and today I am bringing you an equally ooey, gooey pie. Just with more chocolate and filled with cheesecake!
This Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Cookie Pie is a rich chocolate cookie filled to the brim with a lovely vanilla cheesecake. The sweet and slightly tangy cheesecake balances the richness of the chocolate cookie beautifully.
As I said in my previous post (click here to read said post), this week was going to be dedicated to all things cookie pie. It is an experiment on this blog to see if dedicating a week to a certain food every couple of months is something that I will keep or not. So if you are enjoying it so far, let me know! I know I am because, well, cookie pie! Just look at that oozing, creamy cheesecake…..
This pie is easy to make and only takes 20 minutes to bake with another 2 hours in the fridge. I know, I know, how can you wait that long? Trust me, I feel the pain. But it is a lot less time than regular cheesecakes so it’s not sooo bad I guess….
Make the chocolate cookie as you would normal cookies and then spread 1/2 to 2/3 of the mixture on the base of a pie tin. I made sure the mixture came up around about an inch up the sides of the pan so the cheesecake didn’t cook and stick to the sides while its baking. Smother the base in the beautiful cheesecake mixture and top with the remaining cookie dough. This cookie dough is slightly sticky to I found it easiest to flatten pieces out in my hands and place them randomly over the top to cover the cheesecake.
- 190g Butter, softened
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 and 1/4 Cups Flour
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (optional)
- For the Cheesecake;
- 250g Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/3 Cup Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 20cm round baking tin.
- Beat the butter, sugar and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla essence.
- Lightly beat in the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- If you are adding the chocolate chips, add them now and stir them in.
- Split the cookie dough in half and press half into the base of the baking tin in an even layer. Ensure the dough comes up around an inch on the sides of the pan.
- Make the cheesecake;
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the egg, vanilla and icing sugar and beat until all combined and smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake over the cookie base.
- Top with the remaining cookie dough and bake for 20 minutes.
- The middle will still wobble but the sides and top of teh cookie pie should be set.
- Allow it to come to room temperature and then place in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Leave it in the fridge longer for a more set cheesecake middle.