Today marks day two of brownie week here on Lights, Camera,BAKE! and if you haven’t seen the first recipe (Brownie Mallow Balls) then please check it out! Today’s recipe is Cheesecake Stuffed Brownie Cups which, as you might expect, are cheesecake filled brownies baked in a muffin tin so they are little ‘cups’. These are inspired by the Nutella Stuffed Blondie Cups.
These are insanely delicious. I mean a rich and fudgy brownie filled with a creamy cheesecake…. What’s not to love? I used my Chewy Brownie recipe for the cups as it always turns out super fudgy, rich, dense and chewy and this richness pairs perfectly with the creamy, slightly tangy cheesecake center.
My family has a lot of birthdays around this time of year so when I was trying to think of different recipes, I was inspired by easy, crowd pleasing, single serving desserts. These cheesecake brownie cups are not only easy to make but they are crowd pleasing and decedent enough for dessert and they have their own built in serving size. No need to chop even or nice looking slices here. (I would say they have their own built in portion control but you can never just stop at one!)
These can be served straight out of the oven or they can be served cooled. If possible, serve them the next day as the flavours are just that much better after an overnight rest. I find this true for almost all brownies and cheesecakes. I’m not sure what the ‘science’ is behind this, I just know that after allowing these to rest, they go from amazing to AMAZING!
- For the Brownie;
- 150g Butter
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 Eggs
- 1 and 1/3 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa
- 2/3 Cup Flour
- For the Cheesecake;
- 250g Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Natural or Greek Yoghurt
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Icing Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- First prepare the brownies.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a muffin tin
- Melt the butter and chocolate chips together leave leave to cool slightly.
- Beat the egg, brown sugar and vanilla together for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the chocolate mixture and stir in.
- Stir in the cocoa until nearly combined and then finally add the flour and stir until just combined.
- Pour half to two thirds of the brownie batter into the base of each muffin case.
- Now prepare the cheesecake.
- Beat the cream cheese, yoghurt, egg, icing sugar and vanilla essence together until smooth and creamy.
- Dollop the cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie base of each muffin case.
- Top the cheesecake mixture with the rest of the brownie mixture and spread evenly over each one.
- Bake for 20 minutes. The sides and top should be set and starting to go light brown but the middle will still wobble.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan to come to room temperature.
- Store them in the fridge overnight before serving for the best flavour otherwise serve immediately.